Oxeye Game Studio
Public Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index

Area Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index -> Whispers in Akarra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fledge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that tidbit of interesting history on Akarra's development. Smile

It made me think of the duo of Nightwishes on the water in the Rimsin Stronghold's First Floor.
If you turn a blind eye to any side of a discussion, if you disallow what may be and what actually is the truth, then you've no credibility whatsoever. You end it by saying "I don't want to talk about it." Classic regression.
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fledge wrote:
Thanks for that tidbit of interesting history on Akarra's development. Smile

It made me think of the duo of Nightwishes on the water in the Rimsin Stronghold's First Floor.

Heh, actually thats where the problem first occurred Smile
AquaritsBR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Sector TGA image for "world1x3y" Reply with quote

I have the troble, after i created the "world1x3y" map, i can spand my word, but have a troble.
I dunno how i can put the TGA image from my new sector. When i active the button opf serctor map in the game, the clients broke.
I look for the image for the old sector ("world0x3y" in this case) named 157-sectormap, but dunno how i can put the new map. Maybe "208-new_sectormap", but how i can make the game find this 208????

I going to insanity, just in time that i went upload the new paths i find this bug.... please helpme!!!

EDIT: i tried create the tga with the 2 maps, but testure editor only open TGA with 256 p

Visite Akarrian Soul www.akarriansoul.kit.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Malaro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, i think im having the same problem as aqua except not with the new sectormap, but the current one

since i have alot of areas remade and added.. for example the bottom right hand corner, i wanted to make a sectormap that will match that

so in the area editor i clicked write output.tga, then i opened output.tga in photoshop, and saved it as 157-sectormap.tga and overwrote the old sectormap, then i opened the texture editor, opened my akarra folder, went to gfx, ingame.igcl, i generated the textures and the i see the newsectormap, i press save all

then i started up akarra, and pressed view sectormap
all i see was the 040-gb3_back.tga file.. the black brick square background thing... and i dont see my new sectormap

can anyone help me with this please?

how to overwrite the old sectormap... to make the sector world0x3y look like the one on the area editor...

thanks
Malaro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please can someone help me?
Fledge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to report a wierd error that happened to me in the area editor. It happened many months ago. I don't know if some kind of bug caused it or corrupted files. I had back-ups so it wasn't a major loss. The .dsc2 was not damaged. The spawns were fine.

Approximately the entire bottom half(A bit less than half) of world0x3y and half a row of areas above that half-line went pitch-black or blank. I do not know what caused it or anything else about it. I am just posting here because I think someone should know that something like that happened incase it happens to someone else or the source of it, which may be a bug and not damaged files, is found.
If you turn a blind eye to any side of a discussion, if you disallow what may be and what actually is the truth, then you've no credibility whatsoever. You end it by saying "I don't want to talk about it." Classic regression.
AquaritsBR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got 3 similar cases:

Arrow First Case: Diferent sprite set.
If u chose other sprite set and put in area editor folder and opened ur map, u damaged the file. I think that the auto save of the editor save the map before the editor crash to open the sprite set file.
And more... to see this problem u need go to the exactly area that u use the old sprite.
Let me try explain better:
I rebuild a sset1 similar to cityhope, weel, i deleted the cityhope of the gfx folder and opened the area editor. Now i got a white window im my world. And the only way that i find to fix is puting again a new cityhope file (can be diferent, but the area need one file).
To fix: only create the current sprite set used...dont need anithing, only to open file and re-chose the wished sprite set.

Arrow Second Case: Copyed Area
U copyed a area of other map and load other... the area editor maybe, keep the same are in same coordinates of the copied sector.
Now u got a Black Window.
To fix: Dont close the area editor, and dont save. Open other area editor before anithing and save the file.... after close the old area editor.

Arrow Trhid case: Copy and Pastle
Sometime when u copy a area and modify befor u pastle can get this proble, in this case a Whithe window.
to Fix: well , in this case i dunno... but i always rebuild the map.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fledge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, are you talking about damaged areas(32x32) or actual sections of entire sectors(2048x2048) being erased?
AquaritsBR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question
i am talking about it.

Fledge wrote:
Just to report a wierd error that happened to me in the area editor. It happened many months ago. I don't know if some kind of bug caused it or corrupted files. I had back-ups so it wasn't a major loss. The .dsc2 was not damaged. The spawns were fine.

Approximately the entire bottom half(A bit less than half) of world0x3y and half a row of areas above that half-line went pitch-black or blank. I do not know what caused it or anything else about it. I am just posting here because I think someone should know that something like that happened incase it happens to someone else or the source of it, which may be a bug and not damaged files, is found.

this 3 things that i told, are the cases that happened to me

Fledge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please re-read my question. You clearly didn't understand what I was asking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index -> Whispers in Akarra All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: