Oxeye Game Studio
Public Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index

Very Good News!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index -> Whispers in Akarra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HisInfernalMajesty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Very Good News! Reply with quote

Well ever since July 7, 2005 when I found out that Khaile has released the server to everyone I have been working on my own server. It has been almost a year and it will be released once I find someone to host my server and solve the problem below.

A little more about my server:

1350+ News Items!
60+ News Skills!
2 New Sectors!(They're done but I still have to implant them into the game. I need a bit of help with this too.)
5 New Towns!
120 New Quests!
Working Bank!
Workable Houses!
3 New Mounts!
400+ New Monsters!
And much much more!

With my busy schedule I didn't have enough time to make a website, but I should be able to get one up this weekend.

Now, I have a few problems.

I have no host.(I cannot host it on my computer since my computer is extremely loud and I cannot sleep with it on. It is in the same room as me.)

Not having a host is not a very big problem. I have a friend that could be willing to host it at his house, or I could go for paid hosting that is not a problem.

But lets say that I let my friend host it, or I sign up for paid hosting. I cannot go to my willing friends house everyday to check on the server.(He lives 30 miles away.)
If I need to make updates for the server, ban someone, or do anything server-wise, I do not know how I would be able to do this. Same thing goes for if I get paid hosting.

So I was wondering if there was any way that I could remotely connect to my friends computer through FTP or something and have access to the server window?

I was reading something Satch posted a while back and he said that the admins would remotely connect to the server console and use the admin shout command from there.

Quote:
Well back in the days, we admins would remotely connect to the server console and use the admin shout command from there (if we wanted to make it appear <ADMIN> ingame).

http://oxeye.se/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95

So if anyone could explain to me how to do this I would be very grateful.

On a separate note, I am looking for a mapper. Mapping the sector above Hope's and to the right of Hope's sector took up most of my time. It took me about 2+ months for each of these sectors. I'm not quite a big fan of mapping but I had to do it all myself because I wanted to keep my server secret until the right time.

If you think you are a good mapper please contact me via PM and show me some examples of your work.

Thank you.[/quote]
Luckalot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, Good luck! Very Happy
Fledge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listing the quantity of what you have isn't going to make me want to audition to map for you. I might consider auditioning as your mapper if you could show that there is quality behind your quantity of development.

(I have two other servers asking me to map for them... I'm contemplating it based on the accompanying development.)
If you turn a blind eye to any side of a discussion, if you disallow what may be and what actually is the truth, then you've no credibility whatsoever. You end it by saying "I don't want to talk about it." Classic regression.
HisInfernalMajesty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Fledge, I never asked specifically YOU to be my mapper. I talking to everyone in general. I'm not releasing any of my work yet. I like to keep it secret, and maybe a few days before the release I'll give a small spoiler. Very Happy

And also, if someone could answer my question that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Fledge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was aware of that, I was merely stating my opinion, that you should show more than quantity if you want to attract more members for your development team.
If you turn a blind eye to any side of a discussion, if you disallow what may be and what actually is the truth, then you've no credibility whatsoever. You end it by saying "I don't want to talk about it." Classic regression.
HisInfernalMajesty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh alright. I can map myself too, its just if I try to make high quality maps it takes me a long time if I'm mapping a vast sectormap or something of the sort.

Quote:
So I was wondering if there was any way that I could remotely connect to my friends computer through FTP or something and have access to the server window?

When that is answered the server would probably go up A.S.A.P.
AquaritsBR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Good News! Reply with quote

HisInfernalMajesty wrote:
Well ever since July 7, 2005 when I found out that Khaile has released the server to everyone I have been working on my own server.

Well bro, good luck, with you web site send me you banner to link.
If i can help, plz call for me Very Happy

cya

Visite Akarrian Soul www.akarriansoul.kit.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fledge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HisInfernalMajesty wrote:
Oh alright. I can map myself too, its just if I try to make high quality maps it takes me a long time if I'm mapping a vast sectormap or something of the sort.

Quote:

When that is answered the server would probably go up A.S.A.P.

Free software exists for such things, though some servers have organized an IRC-based version. Also, someone said something about Old Akarra administrators being able to manipulate the server console window and enter stuff as <ADMIN> (message here) in orange chat even when they were not at the computer of the actual server.

Jens, do you know anything about this? *hopes Jeb reads the post*
apocalypse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new server! Very Happy

If you have any questions about the editors or just questions in general about akarra, dont be afraid to contact me, I have been using the editors for about a year now. Wink

Email:apoc254@hotmail.com(<- for quick responses add me as a msn messanger contact)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index -> Whispers in Akarra All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: