Oxeye Game Studio
Public Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index

Mystical Bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index -> Whispers in Akarra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erevan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Mystical Bug Reply with quote

Hey!

I have been creating many NPC's for a short while now, and am gathering confidence of my knowledge of the editors regarding them. I have made many NPC's and quests now and they have been successful in working.
However, I have recently come across a bug/error when testing NPC's and quests. I create the NPC script, create the NPC in the monster database and place it into the akarra, doing all the neccessary things along the way. However, occasionaly, when i go up to an NPC and talk to it, either my browser will crash or nothing will happen with the normal "interacting with ****" on the screen. I check the scripts/quests/area placements and they are fine, just like any other NPC I create.

I was just wondering if anybody else, or the old Akarra team had come across the same problems as this, and if so, how to stop it from happening.

Thanks, Erevan.
thewreck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it crashed for me when i used the wrong portrait number, just a tip.
Erevan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I can't believe something so little was the problem. I have spent hours and hours trying to find out the cause of it. But seeing as new NPC's need new portraits, I never took notice of changing the number on the script when testing new ones as they arn't made till i have finished and tested the NPC. I guess sometimes, the portrait number was the same as a previous project.

Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index -> Whispers in Akarra All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: