Oxeye Game Studio
Public Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index

New Server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index -> Whispers in Akarra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rineva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: New Server Reply with quote

Hello there everybody. I'm Rineva from old Akarra, maybe you remember me, maybe you don't. Razz

I was just surfing the web(actually was trying to find Khaile, Razz) when I encountered these forums. I was browsing them when something caught my eye, Whispers in Akarra. I remembered it as the game I played a few long years ago. I read around and saw that there are different servers/shards that people are creating. I downloaded some of the editors and played around with them.

They are mostly self explanatory. I mastered them all in a few days except for the Texture Editor, Chat Editor and Area Editor.

Well I know how to use the Area Editor except that mapping isn't my thing. I made maps for CS and Soldat, hehe, didn't turn out too good. Razz

Well lemme cut to the chase, I feel like starting my own server.
It's name will probably be Akarrian Aftermath.

I need a few people on meh dev team for that, so I need a mapper, quest writer and spriter. If anyones interested hit me up by email at chase.rineva@gmail.com
Fledge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, as I said to HisInfernalMajesty, if you want people to audition to join your dev-team you should also audition for them. It's a two way street. If you want people to take your suggestion seriously you should proove to them your self-proclaimed "mastery" of the editors. Probably by opting to send them samples of your work.

Also, a "mastery" involves more than just knowing what all the buttons do. You also need to know how to correctly institute the correct math and style behind it all. Otherwise, you end up with a wackjob server that could be potentially unbalanced, could potentially change the style of Akarra into an easy brainless "hack n slash", could do the opposite and change it into an overly-challenging and thus boring game, could change it into an intellectual puzzle-based game with more stuff like Arno's Maze, could make a horrible overpowered/underpowered expansion or quite simply it could just plain suck.

Some Akarrians think that Akarra has gone to the dogs and ignore these shards as a waste of time. Proove that you're not a "dog".

It is also wise to express some proof of your own moral reasoning since many players are fed up with the power-abusing, propriety-lacking or simply immorality of the Akarra Shards developers/administrators. Then again, some just relish in the freedom of speech and let it all free-formedly run with no concern for conduct. So long as you aren't having an affair with your quest writer's wife or hiring people without considering their reputation or power-mongering attitude then you should be fine. (I'm not mentioning any specific names so I don't think you need to bother flaming me or censoring this mention of past events.)

Then again, I'm the one that got banned and ostracized from Old Akarra post-death pre-server-shard for being upset at nudity in an admin's avatar. However, Sorcerer decided to make it into a topic of my own by moving a post and then to ban me for creating a raucous as I continuously argued my points. I guess Sorcerer didn't have time to put up with complaints and thought I was trolling or something. Oh well. With the phallical centipedes yelling out sexual inuendo, the NPC sex poems Trance apparently wrote and the gtag "Sexy" perhaps propriety was never meant to come in contact with Akarra and I should just shutup before someone flames me. If you think I'm a troll, which I believe I am not but then again such things are sometimes in the sub-conscious: Don't feed the trolls... ever.

(Please excuse my brief use of the 'Guilty Until Proven Innocent' philosophy.)

That's my three cents, take it or leave it.
(If someone is gonna flame me for any of the little things I scrutinized or mentioned they can take it to Private Messages to avoid going off-topic. Please and thank you.)
If you turn a blind eye to any side of a discussion, if you disallow what may be and what actually is the truth, then you've no credibility whatsoever. You end it by saying "I don't want to talk about it." Classic regression.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oxeye Game Studio Forum Index -> Whispers in Akarra All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: